Who’s ready for Halloween tomorrow? I cannot wait to see all the adorable cuties in their costumes! It’s one of my favorite things to do, give out candy to all the trick-or-treaters and see all the cool things to dress … Continue reading
Talk about a dish that you want to lick the plate clean when there’s none left! My sister had this recipe on hand when I went to visit her and we made it one day to eat for our breakfast … Continue reading
If you are from Buffalo then you love chicken wings! Obviously chicken wings are not the healthiest item to eat but it’s hard to resist that hot sauce. Luckily I came across this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf. Somehow I … Continue reading
*Just a little sidenote – The words highlighted in pink are the links that I am sharing to the recipes, just in case you wanted to find the original recipes 🙂 * These cookies are beyond delicious! They are gooey … Continue reading
Took a little hiatus while I was on relaxing on vacation and enjoying time with my sister and nephew. There are so many recipes I want to share in the next few weeks, I’ve tried so many lately that have turned out amazing, so stay tuned for those.
Here are the things I’m loving this week:
1. My sister and I went to get a few glasses of wine one night while I was visiting and we tried this bottle and we both loved it! I need to search for it around here.
2. It’s great to see that Aldi is removing artificial ingredients from their food. I wish more places would follow this. I buy a lot of items at Aldi, oils and seasonings and organic products which are much cheaper than another grocery store.
3. This weekend I plan on making a little Halloween meal for my niece and nephew. I am going to attempt to make these, how funny are they and I am sure yummy!
4. Lyfe Tea = best detox tea! I started drinking the tea morning and night last Monday and I can honestly say I feel a huge difference! My stomach has a normal bloat to it because I tend to push the amount of gluten I should be taking in. Since starting this tea my bloat has decreased and my digestion has gotten better. My sister and I split the 28 day supply so I have a two week supply and I just ordered myself another 14 days. The price is very reasonable, coming out to be about $1 a cup!
5. Making this Veggie Stew this weekend but I might attempt to make it on the stovetop instead, fingers crossed. I’m guessing it will turn out the same?
6. I’m behind on the trends for fall, I need to add a few of these to my wardrobe. By the way, I love her blog for outfit ideas if you get in a rut.
Enjoy the weekend! I hope to be back on Sunday with a tasty recipe!
At times it can be difficult to make sure you fit enough vegetables in your daily diet. For myself I try to sneak them in wherever I can, extra spinach thrown into my breakfast smoothie, brussel spouts in my eggs, salad … Continue reading
Today I leave for a long vacation to Scottsdale, Arizona! I’m so excited to get away and get to spend some time with my sister and my four month old nephew. Since I still have a lot of packing to do my favorites for the week is going to be quick but I have some things I am loving and really wanted to share.
1. Usually I don’t watch SNL but I made sure to tell my sister to DVR this for Saturday so we could watch since we both find Amy Schmuer hilarious!
2. I hate burpees! I despise them! However, they get the job done so I will continue to do them but reading this really makes you think about that wine and cupcake.
3. When I went to Disney in August I tried a very strange packing technique and it worked out exactly how I wanted it to and I am doing the same thing for packing for my trip now. I found on Pinterest somewhere to pack outfits in gallon size ziplocks. It helps with not only making space in your suitcase but also with time for selecting what to wear. For Disney I basically wore the same thing everyday, a pair of Lululemon or GapFit capris, a Lululemon tank and a Gapfit tshirt so in each bag I had placed an outfit for one of the days along with my bra, underwear and socks. No guessing as to what to put on, everything is rolled up in a bag. For going out to dinner I thought it would be a little trickier but worked just the same. This is how my suitcase looks at the moment for Arizona. It would probably be such an easy thing to do for kids, all you would have to do on vacation would be to tell them to pick out a bag.
4. Unfortunately I have some dark marks on my face from sun exposure and hormones. My dermatologist told me that I could try this expensive prescription but it wouldn’t guarantee that the marks would go away. I did some searching on the internet, several different places and I am sorry I do not have the sources for what I found but I saw that some people were benefiting from using Pure Rose Water and Pure Rosehip Seed Oil. I ordered both and use them every night. First the rose water as a toner then the oil as a moisturizer but I really massage it into my fine wrinkles that I’m sadly getting on my forehead and the dark spots. I am so happy to say that I think the combo of the two is working, it’s only been a couple weeks but I definitely see my dark marks fading.
5. Finally Target had these Pumpkin Puffins and I can’t help but eat them out of the box. I am usually not into cereal but these are mighty delicious.
6. I’m wanting to make this Thai dish, I wonder how it would be with zucchini noodles.
7. Why you should be eating real butter! A friend of mine shared this on Facebook this week and it makes complete sense!
8. I’ll leave you with this today. Have a good weekend and I am hoping to put up a couple blog posts while I’m on vacation and not snuggling with the baby.
Ok maybe I didn’t get a bushel of apples but I did get a half bushel of apples at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday. Galas are my favorite type to eat, not sure if they are a good baking apple … Continue reading
A quiche can serve as a multi meal! You can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Even better, this recipe can be mixed up and baked in a jiffy. Once you know the basics of the recipe for the quiche, … Continue reading
Happy October and Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
To all my family and friends who have fought and continue to fight, you are all very strong women!
1. Holy Moly! Caffeinated Peanut Butter!!!! Did anyone else hear about this?!?!?! I will be ordering from Steem very soon!!!! I’m thinking this would be amazing in smoothies in the mornings! As you can tell about all my exclamation points I’m very excited about it!
2. Reading labels at the grocery store can become very confusing, I love this list for a guide on what it all means! Organic vs natural vs local, it can be overwhelming when you are given all those options.
3. Does anyone else ever wonder if they really need to wash that shirt that you had on for 4 hours? I’ve read before that you shouldn’t wash your jeans often but I never know about other things. I think I will follow Rachel Zoe’s advice, How Often You Should Wear Your Clothes Before Washing, means less laundry, right?
4. Finally!! I had my first PSL of the season! Sipping it outside on a brisk day waiting for my niece and nephew to get off the school bus. Yummy!
5. Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Zucchini Fido Soup sounds right up my alley! I’m going to Arizona to visit with my sister and my baby nephew in a little over a week and I am going to convince her we need to make this for dinner one night even though it will still be well over 90 degrees there! What do you think Ashley?!?
6. Sometimes I let one bad day run into the next day and I’ve really been trying my hardest to not let that happen as often as it used to. Gracie says it all in her post of How to Deal With a Bad Day.
7. My sister introduced me to The Greek Gods Greek Yogurt in August and I’ve been loving the combo of the honey greek yogurt with granola for either breakfast or a little snack.
8. I NEED/WANT to make all of these Fall Recipes!
9. Who doesn’t like some Fitness Motivational Quotes? So many are true! I’m going to post them all over my apartment in hopes it will push me through workouts!
10. For years I had the Ugg clog slippers but I hated that the fur on the bottom would wear away so quickly, especially when you’re spending $100+ on slippers. Last week I saw a deal on Amazon for Ugg Meena Slipper and I was talking to my sister about them and she said you can buy new inserts for the bottom when the fur rubs away. Perfect! I ordered right away and they are so incredibly comfy! Don’t mind my little Thursday night glass of wine with a side of intelligent reading material and TGIT tv. OMG Scandal last night was sooooo good!
11. And I have a lot of favorites today but I will leave you with one last thing. My obsession with La Croix is this real!