1. This Alligator Clip is the best thing that has happened to me! Has totally cut off soooo much time in my daily routine! It’s not a secret that I don’t wash my hair daily, I wash it about twice … Continue reading
Before Wegmans had the cauliflower that was already grated I was not a fan of making this recipe, even though I love eating it! Now that Wegmans and Trader Joe’s, and I’m sure a few other places out there have … Continue reading
1. Now that the weather is getting warmer and socks and tights are less likely to be worn it brings on blisters and uncomfortable shoe rubbing. I have a little trick I use and carry in my purse at all times. This Band-Aid Friction Block stick is the best! When I am wearing a new pair of shoes or I know a pair of shoes rubs me the wrong way I pull this little stick out and rub it on the tops of my toes and the sides of my pinky toes and my ankle and I can comfortably walk around without any issues. Also this time of year I don’t forget to throw in my purse a couple blister bandaids. Get the blister ones! Trust me! They are 1,000 times better than any regular bandaid and they stick like no other!
3. Whenever I see beets on a menu I need to get that dish, I love beets but I am a little afraid of cooking them at home. Maybe if I go to Trader Joe’s and can get the already prepared ones I can make this salad that looks to die for.
4. Next time I have a to bring a little dip to a get together I am totally making this Shortcut Bruschetta Hummus!
5. A few years ago my friends told me I needed to be more informed with the daily news (and not news about celebrities but politics and world occurrences). My one friend recommended signing up for the daily email of The Skimm. I’m a huge fan, it’s a quick overview of what is going on around the world that I can read in a matter of a couple minutes. I’ve actually heard a few things at work that people were talking about with the market and such and I had already read it on my daily email that morning, I felt a tad smarter for that. Last week I signed up for The Newsette, it’s more my style and I am highly enjoying reading that every morning now as well.
6. For Christmas I received a cast iron skillet and I’m embarrassed to say it is still sitting in my cupboard unused. I have no clue as to why I still haven’t seasoned it (my friend Lisa is going to die hearing that I still haven’t done it) but it’s on my to do list for this week and I am thinking I am going to make this recipe for Whole Wheat Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Chicken Tamale Pie. Maybe I’ll use black beans though as a substitute for the chicken.
7. I’ve updated my Recipe page here on the blog! All the recipes I’ve shared are now included on the page! Enjoy!
It’s no surprise I love a sweet little dessert once a day, whether it be a piece of dark chocolate or froyo or a cookie. This recipe I found years ago and it was buried until just recently when I … Continue reading
*Just a reminder, all links are highlighted in pink*
It’s been awhile since I’ve done a Friday Favorites, I had back to back vacations and the time just kept getting away from me. I’m glad that I’m back into my routine again but I sure do miss the relaxing and the drinks and sunshine and warmth. Let’s get right into my favorites because I have a lot!
1. Walking into Sephora is probably the same feeling a kid gets when walking into a candy store. There’s so many things to try and I have been wanting to try out one of these paper masks. Before I went to Sephora I did a little research and the Karuna brand received wonderful reviews so I bought the Brightening mask and it was easy to apply and my skin was glowing the next morning. Bonus, it was only $8!
2. I love Burrata cheese!!! Whenever I see it on a menu I have to order it, it’s my favorite cheese, next to goat cheese that is. I saw this recipe for White Bean, Spinach and Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers with Burrata and I am making it ASAP!
3. Sanuk flip flips are now my favorite things to put on my feet. Before I left for my second vacation I bought these and I am never buying another brand of flip flops again. I walked all over in them and my feet never hurt! I wore them on walks, to the zoo (which was ultra hilly), 7,000+ steps at a time and my feet were walking on little clouds. Buy them you won’t be disappointed!
4. That’s it, I need to buy a dehydrator! I have been saying this for far too long but I need to make watermelon jerky!
5. While on my first vacation we had this delicious drinks. It was muddled blueberries and lemon with blueberry vodka, soda water and a splash of cran. My purse this summer might always have blueberries in it so any place I am at I can have the bartender make me this drink. Try it out for yourself!
6. I’ve had some really great recipes I have made lately and I cannot wait to share them. More Buffalo flavors and egg bakes!
7. Think I might try this mason jar herb garden this spring.
8. A few weeks ago I made these Easy Smashed Potatoes and they turned out delicious, I used all purple potatoes which I had never used before.
Whenever I make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my niece and nephew I drool a little wanting to make myself one. As much as I can I stay away from eating bread, the whole gluten thing and all, … Continue reading
Anything spicy, Mexican flavored or slathered with Buffalo sauce I am a huge fan! This recipe does not disappoint. The original recipe can be found at Carrots N Cake. It was so incredibly easy to whip this recipe up and … Continue reading