Talk about slacking here! I’ve been all over the place with my timing and have been neglecting getting some posts written and published but my sister is coming into town soon and we usually like to try out some new … Continue reading
1. The Olympics make me so happy! The athletes are just amazing!
2. I’ve drank something like this in the past, maybe I should go back to it since I haven’t been drinking coffee or caffeine.
3. My friend told me about the app, AllTrails. It tells you about trails that are in your area and gives you maps and tons of other information concerning the trail. I highly recommend it if you want to do some hikes.
4. Finally reading the new Harry Potter! Wondering how fast I can finish it in, hopefully by Monday I’ll be onto a new book since I’m sure I won’t be able to put it down.
5. Here’s a list of some of my Friday Favorites that I love reading each week
Back to Olympic watching!
My sister passed along this recipe to me and I am so glad she did because it was plate licking delicious! Pretty sure this will be in my weekly rotation of meals! I snapped absolutely no pictures because I really hadn’t thought it would be anything spectacular but I was soooo wrong! This recipe gets even more points for being so quick and easy that I even threw it together on a weekday night.
The following recipe made two servings of chicken (with sauce left over)
For the chicken:
Little less than a pound of chicken breasts
2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 tsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray baking sheet ( I used a stone) with cooking spray. Mix panko, paprika, onion powder, salt in a dish. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture and mash with a fork until it’s mixed. Whisk the egg and place in another dish. Coat chicken in egg then in the panko mixture and place on baking sheet. Cook in the oven till it reaches 165 degrees (it took mine 25 minutes).
For the sauce:
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
Whisk all the ingredients together.
Once the chicken is done then place on plate and top with some sauce.
1. So excited!!!! As this is posted I am on my way driving to West Virginia to see one of my best friends! I’m driving by myself so I haven’t listened to any of my podcasts for the week so hopefully they keep me occupied.
2. How easy does this mug cake sound and no funky ingredients! I made it and it was a perfect little treat! Don’t burn your mouth, break it up and let it cool.
3. Right now this article runs true for me, running this summer is tough getting up around 5:30 am to run before the heat comes but I end up running in 75%-95% humidity.
4. I would like someone to make this for me please!
5. Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! Margarita Bites!!!!! Making these ASAP!
6. I’ve been putting collagen in my morning smoothie and tea everyday and it doesn’t change the taste of the texture of either. Since it’s been such a short period of time I do not have any results to share however I found this post to be helpful. It also has 6g of protein per tbsp, so an extra 12g a day for me!
It’s blueberry season and between the cheaper prices in the grocery store and the possibility of blueberry picking these are perfect recipes for you to create. Frozen blueberries could be used as well. This past week I made blueberry syrup … Continue reading
It’s been a bit since I posted some type of Italian dish. This was does not disappoint. My sister had made this stuffed shell recipe a couple times and kept telling me to try it out and I’m glad I did. … Continue reading
1. This storage container is needed in my life!!!!! And I am buying them for gifts for all my avocado loving friends as well! Be prepared for you next gift friends!
2. My sister, Ashley, convinced me to begin 21 day fix program and I am so happy she talked me into it! I looooove the Shakeology each morning and I’m finding that even though I am not eating any different than I was before my “healthy” portions are what is the issue. Each day I easily eat half an avocado, cheese in my salads and as a topping for other meals and tablespoons of peanut butter and almond butter whenever I have a hankering. She is being such a great coach and motivating me to do my workout videos on my days off from running and gives great ideas for delicious meals. Hasn’t even been two weeks and I’m already seeing results, great program! Doesn’t this recipe for Ice Cream Pie look aaaamazing!!!! Can’t wait to make it!
3. Have no idea where I took this screenshot from but it looks like a good one to try.
5. Just bought this collagen and cannot wait to start using it and see some of the benefits.
7. It would be good to implement some of these little changes that could make a huge difference in my life.
Have a good weekend!
These burgers are so incredibly delicious with the added greek salad and tzadziki dressing. The best part about these is that it uses clean ingredients and its preparation is nothing at all to whip up and it seems like you’re … Continue reading
1. It’s been awhile since I’ve made fajitas, this recipe sounds quick and easy.
2. Not sure why I haven’t thought to do this before, I need to buy some command hooks ASAP!
3. Ahhhh, I NEED these Rosé Bears!
4. Bought this pullover in every color and absolutely in love with it! Don’t forget to sign up for Ebates and get even more money back, the next check they are sending me for just shopping online is over $35!
5. Quick Skillet Chicken! I’ve been using my cast iron skillet more and more.
6. After a long holiday weekend, this has been my life this week
Stir fries have been on my radar lately. I’m finding them so simple to through ingredients in a pan and be able to have leftovers for a few days. Plus, all the ingredients are clean, no funky sauces from the store here!
Combine all those ingredients in a medium size bowl by whisking them together (I bet almond butter would be just as delicious). Instead of using liquid aminos, soy sauce or coconut aminos would work as well.
With a tablespoon of sesame oil fry the veggies.
Once they are softened, throw in the garbanzo beans (chicken or any other protein you love) and the sauce and you’re finished!