Happy Labor Day Weekend! Enjoy the extra day off! Here’s some of my favorites from this week!
1. Now that it’s been a month since I have been using it I can give you the results from using Gelatin Collagen. There are 3 things I have noticed the biggest changes with. First, my hair is growing like a weed! My hair tends to grow pretty slowly but in the last month it has grown so long and strong, there is a definite difference to the feel of my hair. Secondly, just like my hair my nails are growing so quickly and strong. I have had to cut my toenails a lot and my fingernails aren’t breaking and peeling as they tend to do. The last thing I have noticed is that my joints are bothering me less. Many mornings my ankles and hips are really tight and has less range of motion but now I wake up and I can feel a difference when I am walking around. So there is a minor little thing I have seen a difference in but it could be because a slew of other reasons but my cellulite seems to be a little less noticeable but I can’t count it as a real result from using the Collagen as it may be from other things like working out or dry brushing, etc. So, all in all, do I recommend this? Yes, I think I have seen changes in my body and it is worth integrating two tablespoons in my smoothies and teas each day.
2. I’m terrible at small talk, some good pointers for the next time I’m in this situation.
Weeks ago I said I had a blueberry muffin recipe to share and I never did! This recipe from Ambitious Kitchen uses very little ingredients and the ones it does are gluten and dairy free. First thing I did was mix … Continue reading →
Talk about slacking here! I’ve been all over the place with my timing and have been neglecting getting some posts written and published but my sister is coming into town soon and we usually like to try out some new … Continue reading →
1. The Olympics make me so happy! The athletes are just amazing!
2. I’ve drank something like this in the past, maybe I should go back to it since I haven’t been drinking coffee or caffeine.
3. My friend told me about the app, AllTrails. It tells you about trails that are in your area and gives you maps and tons of other information concerning the trail. I highly recommend it if you want to do some hikes.
4. Finally reading the new Harry Potter! Wondering how fast I can finish it in, hopefully by Monday I’ll be onto a new book since I’m sure I won’t be able to put it down.
5. Here’s a list of some of my Friday Favorites that I love reading each week
My sister passed along this recipe to me and I am so glad she did because it was plate licking delicious! Pretty sure this will be in my weekly rotation of meals! I snapped absolutely no pictures because I really hadn’t thought it would be anything spectacular but I was soooo wrong! This recipe gets even more points for being so quick and easy that I even threw it together on a weekday night.
The following recipe made two servings of chicken (with sauce left over)
For the chicken:
Little less than a pound of chicken breasts
2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 tsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray baking sheet ( I used a stone) with cooking spray. Mix panko, paprika, onion powder, salt in a dish. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture and mash with a fork until it’s mixed. Whisk the egg and place in another dish. Coat chicken in egg then in the panko mixture and place on baking sheet. Cook in the oven till it reaches 165 degrees (it took mine 25 minutes).
For the sauce:
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
Whisk all the ingredients together.
Once the chicken is done then place on plate and top with some sauce.
1. So excited!!!! As this is posted I am on my way driving to West Virginia to see one of my best friends! I’m driving by myself so I haven’t listened to any of my podcasts for the week so hopefully they keep me occupied.
2. How easy does this mug cake sound and no funky ingredients! I made it and it was a perfect little treat! Don’t burn your mouth, break it up and let it cool.
3. Right now this article runs true for me, running this summer is tough getting up around 5:30 am to run before the heat comes but I end up running in 75%-95% humidity.
4. I would like someone to make this for me please!
6. I’ve been putting collagen in my morning smoothie and tea everyday and it doesn’t change the taste of the texture of either. Since it’s been such a short period of time I do not have any results to share however I found this post to be helpful. It also has 6g of protein per tbsp, so an extra 12g a day for me!
It’s blueberry season and between the cheaper prices in the grocery store and the possibility of blueberry picking these are perfect recipes for you to create. Frozen blueberries could be used as well. This past week I made blueberry syrup … Continue reading →
It’s been a bit since I posted some type of Italian dish. This was does not disappoint. My sister had made this stuffed shell recipe a couple times and kept telling me to try it out and I’m glad I did. … Continue reading →
1. This storage container is needed in my life!!!!! And I am buying them for gifts for all my avocado loving friends as well! Be prepared for you next gift friends!
2. My sister, Ashley, convinced me to begin 21 day fix program and I am so happy she talked me into it! I looooove the Shakeology each morning and I’m finding that even though I am not eating any different than I was before my “healthy” portions are what is the issue. Each day I easily eat half an avocado, cheese in my salads and as a topping for other meals and tablespoons of peanut butter and almond butter whenever I have a hankering. She is being such a great coach and motivating me to do my workout videos on my days off from running and gives great ideas for delicious meals. Hasn’t even been two weeks and I’m already seeing results, great program! Doesn’t this recipe for Ice Cream Pie look aaaamazing!!!! Can’t wait to make it!
3. Have no idea where I took this screenshot from but it looks like a good one to try.