For years I have made this recipe for an Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bar. It is one of my favorite and can easily be whipped up and have for the week or give out to friends and family. … Continue reading
With enchiladas I always felt as though I needed to follow a recipe but since I have made several different ones I felt comfortable putting together my own combination.
To prep for the enchiladas I cooked 3 sweet potatoes in the oven at 425 degrees until they were soft, around 30 minutes. I take the sweet potatoes and scrub the skins clean and poke them with a fork several times and wrap them in foil and place on a baking sheet. As soon as the sweet potatoes are soft I remove them from the oven and let cool then I slide the skins off. I removed two cups of shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken I picked up at the store (this really helps to quicken the prep time). Then I drained and rinsed a can of black beans.
When all the ingredients were ready I took a 9×13 glass pan and spread a half a jar of red enchilada sauce down on the bottom and got to work on the enchiladas. I layed out a gluten free tortilla (you could use any tortilla that you like) and sprinkled a little bit of mexican cheese down first, put a small amount of chicken and cut up sweet potato and some black beans on top. I rolled the tortilla and put the open end down into the sauce to keep it closed.
Once all 8 tortillas were rolled and put in the pan I took the rest of the enchilada sauce and poured it on top and sprinkled more cheese. I placed the pan in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes until the cheese was melted and the enchiladas were heated through.
For lunch or dinner I took an enchilada and put it over a bed of spinach and topped the enchilada with a dollop of plain greek yogurt and half of an avocado.
Sweet Potato Enchiladas
3 cooked sweet potatoes with skin removed
15 oz can of red enchilada sauce
2 cups of cooked chicken
15 oz can of black beans rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups of Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put half a can of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Take a tortilla and sprinkle it with cheese, top with some of the sweet potato, chicken and black beans. Roll the tortilla up however you like your enchiladas, I like to close the ends in and then roll. Put the rolled up tortilla in the pan with the opening end facing downwards into the sauce to help keep it closed. Continue adding the ingredients to the remaining tortillas and rolling them.
- Once all tortillas are in the pan spread the remaining sauce on the top and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated through,
- Top with your favorite toppings.
*Just a reminder, the pink lettering is the link to click on for the original recipe.* Making a crockpot full of oatmeal on a Sunday evening makes breakfast for the week a breeze! Typically I put all my ingredients into the … Continue reading
Oh my how this month has flown by, this will be my last Friday post before Thanksgiving so….
1. I’m dying to try this recipe for Thanksgiving, Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberry and Goat Cheese, I hope it’s a winner!
2. For the last couple weeks I have been listening to Kimberly Snyder’s podcasts, she has two of them, and next up I will be reading her three books. This blog post that she wrote was pretty inspirational. I love this quote that she posted on her Facebook page this week.
3. Ok Lululemon, I love you and all but $298 for a pair of running leggings? You have got to be kidding me on this Black Friday line!
4. Christmas is coming fast and the idea of being this creative for holiday gift giving makes me happy, forget about the amount of gifts and jump out of the box. I found this on Pinterest but there wasn’t a source to it, I would love to know what’s in those boxes and bags!
6. Perfect to take to the movies on Thanksgiving day!
7. If I could just wear activewear for the rest of my life I would be one happy camper! Jessica Simpson came out with a line at Macy’s. I’m thinking these pants are going to be in my closet soon.
8. and I’ll leave you with this…
I’m back! Took some time away from blogging to enjoy some time with family. I have a few great things to share coming up including this Harvest Salad that has been quite a hit with so many people! It was … Continue reading
It’s such a great Friday! My baby nephew is coming into town today for 10 days! I can’t wait to snuggle him some more. There are so many things I have been loving this week so let’s get right into … Continue reading
Maybe if meatloaf wasn’t so simple to make then I wouldn’t make them every week but I just can’t stop. Making meatloaf into muffins helps with portion control along with easy reheat and they just look so cute! This recipe for … Continue reading
*Just a reminder, the pink lettering are links to click on for the recipe and other pages associated with the post.* When I was in Arizona my sister and I made a plan of meals to make while I was … Continue reading