1. Now that the weather is getting warmer and socks and tights are less likely to be worn it brings on blisters and uncomfortable shoe rubbing. I have a little trick I use and carry in my purse at all times. This Band-Aid Friction Block stick is the best! When I am wearing a new pair of shoes or I know a pair of shoes rubs me the wrong way I pull this little stick out and rub it on the tops of my toes and the sides of my pinky toes and my ankle and I can comfortably walk around without any issues. Also this time of year I don’t forget to throw in my purse a couple blister bandaids. Get the blister ones! Trust me! They are 1,000 times better than any regular bandaid and they stick like no other!
3. Whenever I see beets on a menu I need to get that dish, I love beets but I am a little afraid of cooking them at home. Maybe if I go to Trader Joe’s and can get the already prepared ones I can make this salad that looks to die for.
4. Next time I have a to bring a little dip to a get together I am totally making this Shortcut Bruschetta Hummus!
5. A few years ago my friends told me I needed to be more informed with the daily news (and not news about celebrities but politics and world occurrences). My one friend recommended signing up for the daily email of The Skimm. I’m a huge fan, it’s a quick overview of what is going on around the world that I can read in a matter of a couple minutes. I’ve actually heard a few things at work that people were talking about with the market and such and I had already read it on my daily email that morning, I felt a tad smarter for that. Last week I signed up for The Newsette, it’s more my style and I am highly enjoying reading that every morning now as well.
6. For Christmas I received a cast iron skillet and I’m embarrassed to say it is still sitting in my cupboard unused. I have no clue as to why I still haven’t seasoned it (my friend Lisa is going to die hearing that I still haven’t done it) but it’s on my to do list for this week and I am thinking I am going to make this recipe for Whole Wheat Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Chicken Tamale Pie. Maybe I’ll use black beans though as a substitute for the chicken.
7. I’ve updated my Recipe page here on the blog! All the recipes I’ve shared are now included on the page! Enjoy!